Multimedia journalists’ favourite the Flip video camera is to be discontinued.
In a release sent out today, Cisco, which bought out the mini video camera with built-in USB two years ago, said it is to shut down its Flip business.
Cisco said it will “support current FlipShare customers and partners with a transition plan”.
Launched in May 2007, the Flip had sold a million digital camcorders in the US by the following year and was becoming increasingly popular in the UK.
In a release in 2008, Cisco reported the Flip captured 14 per cent of the total video camera market and was worth more than £340 million.
- NY Times: Flip users have 30 days to save videos on FlipShare
- NYT second-quarter operating profit more than twice 2009 figure
- UK ad spend dropped 4% in 2008, says AdAssoc
- Johnston Press chief executive million pound earnings revealed in annual report
- WAN Amsterdam: Digital will account for 43 per cent of newspaper advertising growth by 2012 according to PricewaterhouseCoopers