According to Yahoo blog the Cutline, Rupert Murdoch will be joined on stage by Apple chief executive Steve Jobs later this month for the launch of News Corp’s new iPad publication, the Daily.
Known as The Daily, Murdoch’s iPad publication has been the talk of the media world over the past couple months, and the News Corp. chief has even dubbed it his “No. 1 most exciting project.” The hush-hush project has been taking shape at the company’s Manhattan headquarters, but it will also have staffers in Los Angeles.
But while news of the editorial hires has steadily leaked out, The Daily’s brass have remained tight-lipped about the launch.
- paidContent: News Corp’s ‘iPad paper’ the Daily to launch on 2 Feb
- Bloomberg: News Corp’s The Daily averaging 120,000 readers a week
- Guardian: Murdoch and Jobs teaming up for iPad newspaper
- MediaGuardian: The Daily to launch in the UK within months
- Arianna Huffington: ‘Enormous opportunities’ for online video channel