PR Week has done some great analysis on figures released by the UK coalition government last week, which give details of hospitality received by special advisers.
According to PR Week’s report, special advisers between 13 May and 31 July received:
- 11 breakfast, lunch or dinners paid for by the Daily Mail;
- two lunches with journalists from the Independent;
- no lunches with journalists from the Daily Express;
- eight lunches with the Guardian – where all meetings were with special advisers to Clegg and Cameron;
- 22 hospitality meetings with the BBC;
- and 22 lunches and dinners provided by News International.