Three phone companies – Orange, O2 and Vodafone – have discovered that more than 100 customers had their mobile phone voicemail accounts hacked by Glenn Mulcaire and Clive Goodman, the private investigator and the journalist who are the focus of allegations of phone hacking at the News of the World.
The News of the World and Press Complaints Commission (PCC) have both previously suggested that only a handful of individuals were affected by the phone hacking.
- PCC calls for submissions to governance review
- Comment is Free: Phone hacking – select committee must move quickly, says Paul Farrelly
- Solicitor Mark Lewis considering legal action against PCC
- MediaGuardian: Max Clifford plans legal action over NOTW phone hacking
- FT editor criticises Fleet Street for ‘conspiracy of silence’ over phone hacking