Swedish Media Group Bonnier is experimenting with a new design for magazines, based around a touchscreen Kindle/iPhone-type device, reports Bobbie Johnson in this post.
The design team behind the project have tried to keep elements of print magazine reading that readers want, while abandoning some design features commonly used when creating digital editions of print products, such as page-turning technology.
- #wef12: What news outlets can learn from magazines on content presentation
- Metro UK and Metro Herald launch iPhone apps
- Magazine publisher Imagine looks to iPads and iPhones with digital editions launch
- NYTimes.com: Are magazines ready for tablet computers?
- Review: Pressjack, software to create digital magazines