A late call for correspondents and producers with ideas for UK-based, investigative, current affairs pieces – Current TV is looking for your pitches for its Sheffield Pitch 2009 event.
The deadline is tomorrow, but if you’re interested and can turn something around quickly here are the criteria:
- A half-hour long slot
- £5,000 budget
- Pitches can only come from UK and Irish residents
Some questions from Current:
- Why does this issue need to be investigated?
- Who is your on- and off-screen talent and why?
- How do you plan to tell your story? Who are your characters? What is your access?
- What problems are you likely to face and how will you overcome them (including risk assessment)?
Pitches should be submitted using this form. Six finalists will be selected to attend a session at the Sheffield Documentary Festival on November 5 with the winner receiving £5,000 to make their programme for airing in 2010.
There are plenty of examples of the type of programmes Current is after – specifically its for the channel’s Vanguard output, which focuses on current affairs and investigative reporting.