The chief executive of the youth charity The Prince’s Trust, Martina Milburn, is to join the Board of Trustees of Media Trust, it was announced today.
Media Trust works with media organisations and charities to improve communications, and help raise the profiles of communities through training, funding and additional resources.
Existing board members include Dawn Airey, chief executive of Channel Five; Tony Ball, Chairman of Kabel Deutschland; Jon Snow, Channel 4 news journalist; Mark Thompson, director-general of the BBC; Jane Reed, director of Times Newspapers; and Andy Duncan, chief executive of Channel 4.
“I’ve had an association with Media Trust for many years, and I’m absolutely delighted to have been offered the opportunity to join the Board of Trustees,” said Milburn. “I am really looking forward to helping further their cause in supporting charities and the Third Sector.”
Andy Duncan, chairman of Media Trust’s Board of Trustees, said: “Martina has a wealth of knowledge and experience as a result of her extraordinary career and which will prove invaluable to Media Trust and further enhance its work.”
- Channel 4 (part 1): Station plans to focus more on regional content
- PA Group appoints James Murdoch as non-executive director
- Channel 4 (part 3): BBC Worldwide could benefit from merger, says Duncan
- Channel 4 (part 2): Duncan says channel is still key source of cutting-edge content
- MediaGuardian: Anthony Salz appointed to Scott Trust