FollowtheMedia’s Michael Hedges asks what an Arabic-language channel achieves, in his short commentary on Chinese state television’s new station.
“Every government with a story to tell wants to tell it on television. Internet services of state-run news agencies can put out all the press releases and official statements. Nothing, however, beats a television channel for a foreign audience.”
Please do share other links, especially to articles or blog posts sharing views on the new channel’s content.
- Al Jazeera Arabic joins Livestation
- Media release: Japanese broadcaster NHK expands into US market
- ABC News advertises new 24-hour news channel for Australia
- Voice of America: China’s Foreign Ministry questioned on Al Jazeera journalist visa issue
- Japan quake sends record audiences to broadcast and online news