Journalism.co.uk coverage of ‘Why Journalism Matters’ by Guardian News&Media editor-in-chief Alan Rusbridger at the British Academy on Wednesday evening:
- ‘Rusbridger on funding news: Provide 900,000 Twitter followers with services they will pay for‘
- ‘Alan Rusbridger (@arusbridger) on why Twitter matters‘
- ‘Alan Rusbridger’s digital crystal ball: what next for ‘public information’ journalism?‘
Also worth a read:
- The debate in the comments beneath the Guardian’s report on the public funding aspect.
- Addiply’s Rick Waghorn picks up on a significant repetition of speech at this link.
You can now watch the speech for yourself, thanks to the Media Standards Trust (@newsmatters). Part one below, and the rest to follow on the organisation’s YouTube channel.