The Times has introduced a new commenting system for its website lifting the upper word limit for comments from 300 to 2,000 and introducing a registration system.
“This will enable us to highlight and reward our best commenters, and weed out our least constructive,” writes online editor, Tom Whitwell – though no fixed reward system is mentioned, as yet.
Commenting systems differ between the paper’s blogs and the rest of its editorial content, but there are plans to switch the blogs over to the new platform.
- Guardian blogs complete move to new technology platform
- Guardian relaunches blogs and commenting features
- Independent integrates article comments with Twitter and Facebook
- Newspaper Innovation: History suggests Independent’s i may face rough seas
- Times are changing: an online jobs shuffle at Times Online