Further to our round-up of Demotix activity from Iran, here are two front pages from the New York Times, both featuring images from the pro-am agency’s contributors.
Demotix images have also been published by the Telegraph, El Pais, Wall Street Journal, ABC.es, and syndicated by Reuters, AFP and EPA to other outlets around the world.
“The bravery of our Iranian reporters has been astonishing. They are defying their government and risking their safety to tell their stories to the world, and we are delighted to be able to help them make their voices hear more loudly,” said Demotix commissioning editor, Andy Heath. “Demotix exists for moments like this.”
- Demotix photographer arrested in Iran will not face further inquiries
- How Demotix’s contributors have covered Iran election protests
- Social and mainstream media join forces to cover Afghanistan election
- PC World: The ZDnet/Iran saga is ‘a cautionary Web 2.0 tale’
- Pro-am journalism site Demotix gets facelift