paidContent:UK learned that the Guardian is near to dropping its Thursday Technology supplement. It is, paidContent:UK confirmed, after speaking to Guardian News & Media (GNM):
“The online counterpart, which is updated through the day, will continue, however, and Technology may yet be merged with MediaGuardian. The move is thought to be due to worsening tech ad spend but also the fact that many readers, naturally, are online natives with a voracious appetite for tech news throughout the week.”
NB: paidContentUK’s publisher is a wholly owned subsidiary of GNM.
- paidContent: Which news sites post the most stories and do they get more hits?
- paidContent.org: GNM laying off six US employees
- paidContent: Guardian News & Media director of international leaving later this year
- Daily Finance speculates paidContent.org’s future at GNM
- paidContent appears on Guardian site