The media was one-sided in its reporting of last month’s G20 protests, detective chief constable Sue Sim, who specialises in public order at the Association of Chief Police Officers, has said.
Examples of assaults on police officers had disappeared from coverage in particular, she said.
- NUJ: Police reassure union ‘no more local press passes’
- Parliamentary committee calls for police training in role of protest journalists
- Marc Vallée: Police cite Public Order Act 1986 and order media to leave G20 memorial protest
- Video: Commander Bob Broadhurst at the NUJ’s photography conference
- Greater Manchester Police tweeting a day’s crime