“Why did it take six days and citizen journalism to shed light on Ian Tomlinson’s death?” Nick Davies asks in today’s MediaGuardian. He examines the role of the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) and asks ‘who the media can trust’.
- PCC: Express Newspapers did not breach code in G20 payment
- BBC Radio 4: The Jean Charles de Menezes IPCC leak
- MediaGuardian: PCC/MST dispute is bad start for press freedom debate
- ‘BBC refused Guardian G20 protest vid’ – too much of a London story?
- Independent: PCC would act on ‘a whiff’ of new phone hacking