Current TV reporters Euna Lee and Laura Ling, who were detained by North Korean authorities, will stand trial, the country’s state-run news service has reported.
The pair were originally taken into custody on March 17, for allegedly intending to commit ‘hostile acts’.
- NYTimes.com: Current reporters to be tried in North Korea
- NYTimes.com: N. Korea sentences American journalists to 12 years hard labour
- Politico: Bill Clinton will try to secure release of US journalists held in North Korea
- US journalists released from North Korea
- Reuters: Detained Current journalist admits lawbreaking in Korea