Can ultralocal news and information site EveryBlock’s data-driven model be adopted more widely, asks Steve Mollman.
Related models could see success in Japan and Scandinavia, he suggests.
“The EveryBlock revenue model would play into building local economies perfectly as well, by helping disseminate more localized advertising,” says Japanese market entry and strategy consultant, Tei Gordon, in the piece.
“In this down economy, I think anything that might stimulate local economies would be welcome.”
- New Japanese website for Bloomberg
- Henry Porter: ‘The crisis in local news is not just about the business model’
- AdAge.com: Could these local start-ups replace newspapers?
- Ad spend will bounce back, says Fry; multiple models needed, counters McCall
- paidContent.org: ‘The fallacy of the link economy’ for news sites