So finally, and after some (inaccurate) speculation the new head of BBC World Service has been announced. Peter Horrocks leaves his role, as head of the BBC’s multimedia newsroom, to replace Nigel Chapman, as director of the BBC World Service. Chapman is off to become CEO of international child development agency, Plan International. Horrocks wasn’t available for any more interviews today, but Journalism.co.uk will chase for more information soon, to find out what Horrocks hopes to bring to his new role.
- World Service director to Beet.TV: Video is ‘hugely important’ to BBC digital news
- Viewmagazine hosts ‘vlog butterfly’ for BBC head interview
- Accidental Tweet announces senior BBC appointments (but are now official)
- Guardian: Hundreds of jobs at risk at BBC World Service
- BBC calls on journalists to mark World Press Freedom Day