Guardian News & Media has this morning announced the heads of ‘its new integrated production, media and environment teams’, which are to be called pods. Appointments to its sport and picture desks were also announced.
New editorial roles are as follows (quoted from original article):
- Damian Carrington: head of the environment pod
- Jon Casson: head of production. Casson will be responsible for all sub-editors in the integrated production and subbing teams across the Guardian, the Observer and guardian.co.uk, and will also do news subbing.
- Andy Beven: head of production, business and pods. He will line manage the subbing teams within the pods and the business desk.
- David Marsh: production editor of the Guardian
- Steve Busfield, news editor of guardian.co.uk: head of the media and technology pod (which will include MediaGuardian.co.uk, the MediaGuardian print section, the Guardian Technology print section and website, and the Observer’s media coverage.)
- Jason Deans has been appointed editor of MediaGuardian.co.uk.
- Jobs round-up: Mobile moves and digital appointments at Guardian and Telegraph
- The Guardian Awards for Digital Innovation open for entries
- Could the Monday MediaGuardian section go online-only?
- Guardian implements Pluck on Comment Is Free platform
- Why the Guardian is killing technology print supplement