The Associated Press has launched a new tool for affiliate news sites to upload to its online video network and make money on their own content.
Featuring exclusive AP content, the AP’s Online Video Network serves some 1,900 newspaper, television and radio sites nationwide. AP affiliates can now control a “local” tab within their player and fill it with their own video using a web-based uploading tool developed by Microsoft.
Affiliates have the option of selling local advertising against the content they upload, or allowing Microsoft to oversee the process.
Media Post reported.
- E&P: AP to move hosted video to NDN platform
- Tool of the week for journalists – Collaborative video editing platform Stroome
- OJR: Interview with chief news officer of hyperlocal news site OurTown
- Nokia mobiles gets a multimedia blog publishing application
- Tool of the week for journalists – ZeeMaps, for interactive maps