A new ‘tracking’ feature has been released by Twitter, allowing users to track topics and receive twitter alerts to their mobiles in real time.
Here’s how it works:
- first, set up your phone on Twitter;
- send a command of what you want to track – e.g. ‘track Google’;
- every time someone (anyone who updates Twitter in public) mentions ‘Google’, you’ll receive it on your device in real time;
- from there you can find out who was twittering by sending ‘whois username’ or ‘follow username’ to keep receiving updates from that person;
- to stop receiving alerts just send the command ‘untrack Google’.
For the whole low-down see the Twitter Blog