The Media Trust and The Sun have joined together to launch this year’s Column Idol competition,.
The contest, now in its second year, is open to 18 to 25 year olds. Six shortlisted entrants will have the opportunity to be mentored by journalists from the Sun newspaper and the overall winner will then be given the chance to have their column printed in the tabloid.
Applications are now open and can be submitted until 20 June.Tags: columnist, competition, media trust, The Sun, Training, young journalists
- Awards round-up: Index on Censorship winners; Mind Journalism Awards; Paul Foot nominations call
- Entries now open for 2012 Online Media Awards
- Tom Walker Trust opens foreign reporting prize
- FT.com: Daily Mail owner to launch 15 iPhone apps
- Diane Coyle ‘preferred candidate’ for vice chairman of the BBC Trust