To coincide with the 50th anniversary of the African Union, this week’s podcast looks at the influence of mobile phones and social media on journalism in Kenya.
We speak to:
- Musa Haron, broadcast journalist and blogger, Nairobi
- Njenga Hakeenah, Earth Journalism Network fellow and radio journalist, Hope FM
- Alice Klein, freelance journalist and co-founder, Radar, which carries out media development
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
These interviewees will be joined by more Kenyan journalists in the full write-up on the topic next week.
Tags: #Africa2013, #Africa2063, #africaat50, #AfricansAct, #AfricanUnion, africa, Citizen journalism, development, Kenya, nobile, social media, technology
- #Podcast – How iPhones to ‘green screen Nokias’ are being used for mobile journalism
- #Podcast – What journalists should know about App.net
- #Podcast: Examining data-driven health reporting
- #Podcast: Three approaches to data journalism in Latin America
- #Podcast – Tips and tools for sorting the social media chaos