Social news agency Storyful has published an ebook on social newsgathering.
It has been edited by Claire Wardle and includes articles previously posted on the Storyful blog.
The ebook is in PDF format and is free, allowing you to learn things such as how to spot a fake or hoax image, how to verify content from social media, and how and why your should use Twitter’s own version of TweetDeck.
The Storyful blog has become one of our favourite tips sites, with practical advice shared by working journalists on how to get the most out of social newsgathering. Save this PDF to your tablet or phone and your next train journey will be an educational one.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
Hat tip: Mark Little
- #TfN: Twitter for Newsrooms launches – is it useful?
- Social Media Journalist: “Facebook is overrated. The novelty is wearing off and people are getting bored” Matthew Buckland
- Twitter starts to roll out new site for mobile browsers
- TechCrunch: All eyes on the Daily, but watch out for News.me
- Twingly: Testing social media’s love of traditional news