Tool of the week: Pinterest
What is it? A bookmarking and sharing tool
How is it of use to journalists? Pinterest has been growing in popularity recently.
It is a virtual bookmarking system that can be used by newsrooms to curate and share news.
Indeed Liz Heron, social media editor of the New York Times (NYT), suggested at last week’s news:rewired conference that NYT will be joining.
When Heron was asked: “Are there any emerging platforms that NYT are excited about?”
Pinterest is one up and coming platform, but we’re still figuring out what the community wants there and how we can deliver something new. You’ll see us there soon.
Journalism.co.uk has since created a Pinterest account and has used it to collate blog posts from news:rewired.
It is invite-only at the moment but we have a handful to share. Email us using this link if you would like one.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – ‘unmute’ your Pinterest boards by adding SoundCloud audio
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – 10 social media tips for bloggers
- Delicious users have until July to transfer to new owners
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – links to lessons on using Pinterest
- Bitly launches ‘bitmark’ social bookmarking service