Tool of the week: Facebook Search
What is it? A tool that allows you to search Facebook without logging in
How is it of use to journalists? Social media searches have become a key part of newsgathering process. This tool is a search engine for Facebook. It allows you to search if you are not logged in of if you don’t have a Facebook account.
Based on Facebook’s API, it allows you to search posts, photos, people, pages, groups and events.
As well as being useful for searching by keyword, it is also a good way to test to see if the page for your news site comes up in a search.
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Using Facebook to find stories
- App of the week for journalists: Social Searcher, for searching Facebook
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk: Using Facebook, Twitter and Storify for political coverage
- Tool of the week for journalists – Topsy, real-time search for the social web
- Paper.li adds Facebook to social newspaper function