Twitter has enabled a new search option for those with using the most up-to-date Firefox browser. By adding the Twitter address bar search you can now search for a hashtag or @username by using the address bar where you would usually enter a site’s URL.
Twitter has also announced that it has partnered with Photobucket and will be launching a photo sharing option in the coming weeks.
Over the next several weeks, we’ll be releasing a feature to upload a photo and attach it to your tweet right from Twitter.com. And of course, you’ll soon be able to easily do this from all of our official mobile apps. A special thanks to our partner Photobucket for hosting these photos behind the scenes.
Twitter is working with mobile carriers to allow those without smartphones to send photos by text message (MMS).
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Search for Sandy tweets sent by SMS
- Twitter starts to roll out new site for mobile browsers
- lostremote: msnbc.com on linking to social media
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Add Twitter search to your browser
- #Tip: Search Twitter using Topsy (which now has every tweet since 2006)