According to a video report from citizen press agency Citizenside, it was an Al Jazeera Talk blogger, a member of the Egyptian army, that created and managed the Facebook page central to the uprisings in the country.
So far only Google engineer Wael Ghonim has been credited with administrating the page.
In the video, Ahmed Ashour, managing director of Al Jazeera Talk, speaks to Citizenside editor-in-chief Philip Trippenbach.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – five tips for better protest pictures
- Guardian and Citizenside team up for Tour de France photos
- Twitter photo sharing service Zuu.li to pay citizen photographers
- #ijf11: Playing at engagement and verification with Citizenside
- Our Man Inside: Al Jazeera’s @moeed on mobile reporters (video interview)