An FT.com Technology story claims Google could be about to upset the success of Demand Media, an online content platform designed to cater to search engine queries from potential readers:
[A] recently granted patent to Google that appears to replicate one part of what has made Demand’s approach to content so successful could spoil the party (…) If the world’s largest search engine were to build a system and offer it to all web publishers, as it detailed in the patent filing, the move could upend one of the hottest new fields of digital media creation.
- Google looks to failed searches to find story ideas
- OJR: Using Google Trends to fine-tune your news website
- Google’s +1 button now acts like Facebook share
- Nieman Journalism Lab: Google developing micropayment system in pitch to newspapers
- Eric Schmidt – Google resistance to ACAP based on technology