Three young reporters have won the chance to cover the 2010 Youth Olympic Games, thanks to fast-food giant McDonald’s.
According to theurbanwire.com, the food outlet ran a Young Journalists Programme, supported by the Singapore National Sports Council, to search for young journalists to cover the games.
Clarissa Sih Shu Ning, Jean Yong Kaigin and Shehnaz Ameera Bte Mohd Salim were the lucky three.
But apparently this is not the first time McDonald’s has shown an interest in the journalism world, having sent three primary school children to the Beijing Olympics in 2008 to document their experiences.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – Storify’s tips for using platform during Olympics
- Reuters: Athletes can tweet at 2012 as long as not in manner of journalists
- Daily Star admits making ‘no attempt to check the accuracy’ of story
- Calls for local media to apply for Olympics accreditation
- Media accreditation process open for Paralympic Games