A telling screen grab is doing the rounds – showing the discrepancy between CNN’s news coverage and Al Jazeera English’s.
It shows the two channel’s front online pages, captured on the day Wikileaks released its video showing previously unreleased footage of a US army attack in Iraq.
It looks like the two channels have quite different priorities. CNN goes for Tiger Woods and the iPad, while Al Jazeera puts the Wikileaks story top of its page.
- Wired: Army intelligence analyst arrested over leaked video of Iraq helicopter attack
- Committee to Protect Journalists: Bahrain government freezes Al Jazeera operations ‘indefinitely’
- Citizenside: Al Jazeera Talk blogger responsible for Facebook page that took down Mubarak
- Al Jazeera Arabic joins Livestation
- New York Times considers creating own in-house WikiLeaks