Recent journalism graduate and now Guardian Local’s new Cardiff beatblogger Hannah Waldram provides a good round-up of new projects from journalism students, using online tools to start their own news sites and deal with course assignments. There are some interesting ideas from a regional and community news perspective here, particularly The Cardiff Courts Blog:
University of Glamorgan’s j-school students Jamie Russell and Rowena Wilcox have also come up with a new venture to challenge traditional practices. Cardiff Courts sees regular updates from Crown and Mags courts – pushed through their Twitter feed.
- Students relaunch the Cardiffian to fill gap left by Guardian Cardiff closure
- Columbia Missourian: Journalism students advised to buy iPod Touch or iPhone
- Hannah Waldram: ‘What journalism students need to know’
- Advancing The Story: Why Missouri J-School is asking students to have iPhones
- #tjcardiff: Follow Cardiff University’s Tomorrow’s Journalists conference