In the video below of a talk he gave last week, Sir Harold Evans takes apart the current state of the newspaper industry and journalism, from praising Rupert Murdoch’s management of the Wall Street Journal to the problems with journalism schools. Well worth watching:
- Wired: New York print war is really about digital future
- NYTimes.com: Two years on at Murdoch’s Wall Street Journal
- TheDailyBeast: Ex-WSJ assistant publisher on paid online content – myths and facts
- Columbia Journalism Review: Identity crisis at the Wall Street Journal?
- MediaGuardian: Murdoch says online WSJ and Dow Jones subscriptions could go up