Journalism.co.uk was still recovering from last week’s news:rewired and didn’t make it to the NUJ conference on Saturday, but we’re enjoying the round-ups elsewhere. Conrad Quilty-Harper rounds up links and comments for the Online Journalism Blog:
The NUJ’s New Ways to Make Journalism Pay conference on Saturday brought together a group of journalists and entrepreneurs who are making money through online journalism in the UK. Many of the speakers had toiled to build brands online, and those that had were now running sustainable businesses. If the future of journalism is entrepreneurial, then these speakers are evidence of it.
…and freelance journalist Ian Wylie provides a thorough report at this link…
- #followjourn: @ianwylie – freelance
- Technorati: 72 % bloggers surveyed report no income related to blogging
- WSJ: Chinese blogger conference cancelled due to pressure from authorities
- Tweets from #Outlook2010: innovation for the newspaper industry
- New Media Knowledge: The UK blogosphere and making money from blogging