Over at the Reuters blog, Felix Salmon does some calculations about Gawker and blog profitability, following a post on the Nieman Journalism Lab.
“(…) overall it’s easy to see how Gawker has now grown to the point at which it’s a highly profitable media company.”
- Seeking Alpha: the end of micropublishing in the blogosphere?
- Vanityfair.com: Business Insider’s Henry Blodget vs Reuters’ Felix Salmon
- Felix Salmon: ‘Online subscription revenues won’t make newspapers profitable again’
- Felix Salmon: On business journalism and business blogging
- Is CNN about to buy Mashable?