The Guardian’s technology editor shares his thoughts on the current process vs product; blogger vs MSM discussions, sparked by a critical NYTimes’ piece about technology blogs.
Charles Arthur describes his own epiphany, made when he stepped back to ask himself why he disagreed with Jeff Jarvis’ view. While it offends him ‘in some visceral fashion to think of publishing stuff that I really believe isn’t correct,’ there’s room for different players to make different rules for themselves and live alongside each other, he says.
- Nieman Journalism Lab: Matthew Ingram on the WSJ’s social media policy
- Shane Richmond: The value of reader comments to online newspapers
- Comment Is Free: Jarvis vs Tomasky: what rules for citizen journalists?
- Fallout from Jarvis’ ‘perfection vs beta culture’ post
- New FTC rules: US bloggers must disclose payments for reviews