Journalists within GMG Regional Media ‘have declared a vote of no confidence in the Scott Trust Ltd over a decision to make sweeping job cuts’.
“Members at the NUJ chapel, which represents six weekly titles in the south of Greater Manchester unanimously passed the motion after the company announced 78 redundancies across GMG’s weekly titles and sister paper the Manchester Evening News,” the National Union of Journalists has announced.
- NUJ Release: Guardian journalists to back regional colleagues
- NUJ members ballot for strike at north-east Newsquest titles
- Letter to GMG Regional Media’s Mark Dodson from MEN NUJ chapel
- TM Birmingham chapels’ motion of no confidence
- NUJ Release: Thousands of BBC journalists to strike over compulsory redundancy risk