The last remaining co-founder of Shiny Media, Chris Price, spoke to paidContent:UK, following the announcement that Katie Lee would be taking redundancy from the company.
“When it got $4.5 million VC funding from Brightstation in January 2007, [Shiny] had decided to employ writers on staff but, faced with the economic climate, it will now shift to more of a freelance arrangement over time. The company has 30 active blogs; none is scheduled for immediate closure…” paidContent:UK reports.
- The Golden Pencil: Deadly freelance assumptions (or how to go out of business)
- paidContent:UK: Digital Britain – the story so far
- NUJ: Johnston Press blocks staff strike with legal action
- Trinity Mirror pay freeze – Sly Bailey’s email to staff
- paidContent:UK: Subscription service SubHub secures new funding