Blog post from citizen journalism news site Demotix, which does pay its contributors, asking whether user-generated content should be paid for.
“Open-source, creative-commons licensed reporting is great, and it can coexist with remunerated citizen-journalism,” says the post.
- How Demotix’s contributors have covered Iran election protests
- Digital Journal launches revenue sharing for its citizen journalists
- National Press Club to permit ‘citizen journalist’ members
- Pro-am journalism site Demotix gets facelift
- Demotix: Images of the Guatemalan tweeter arrested for causing ‘financial panic’