UK broadsheet the Daily Telegraph has outsourced some of its production work to Pagemasters, a company based in Rhodes, western Sydney.
The company, owned by news agency Australian Associated Press, will copy edit and layout raw copy for the Telegraph’s travel, motoring and money pages as well as parts of The Sunday Telegraph.
The move is intended to “save on night and overtime penalties for workers in Britain and get more expensive staff off its books”, writes the Herald. Full story…
- #followjourn: @kellyrose/freelance
- Paperhouse: The Telegraph’s ‘financially contrary’ newsroom
- Allmediascotland: Herald&Times editor-in-chief ad renews merger speculation
- Telegraph.co.uk: Peter Foster responding to China Daily’s claims
- Sydney Morning Herald tries to shore up print sales with iPad app