This from Beet.TV, an interview with CNN.com and CNN International. By 3pm US time, the sites had received 88 million page views this afternoon, three to four times more than on an average weekday, executive vice president of CNN News Services Susan Grant told Beet.TV. In this clip:
- CNN.com Live (with has four simultaneous live streams), had generated 1.6 million views domestically and internationally – seven times higher than an average full day.
- Grant expects today’s (Wednesday’s) traffic to be even higher.
- Grant said that election day concerns were centred on the site’s capacity to handle the traffic, but that it was coping fine so far.
- Grant also discusses CNN’s mobile offerings and its live video feed available through AT&T and Sprint.
- Japan quake sends record audiences to broadcast and online news
- Newspaper Society: Round-up of record web traffic for local media titles covering riots
- Election traffic: WashingtonPost sees biggest jump but CNN leads
- LA Times breaks web traffic record with 127m page views
- CNN wins battle of online inauguration broadcasters, according to Omniture stats