Following the news that Archant’s CEO John Fry will be the new chief executive at Johnston Press, Archant have announced that Adrian Jeakings will replace him.
Jeakings, currently finance director at the Archant group, will commence the role on November 1. Prior to working at Archant he was the group finance director of the Stationery Office.
Brian McCarthy will replace Jeakings as Archant’s group finance director.
The chairman of Archant, Richard Jewson, said in a release published today: “Both Adrian and Brian have contributed a great deal to our success and it is a tribute to John Fry that he has created such a strong management team”.
Johnston Press have also released a statement announcing that Fry will take over from the retiring CEO, Tim Bowdler, from January 5 2009.
In the release, John Fry said: “I am extremely excited to be joining Johnston Press and relish the opportunity to build on the success of Tim Bowdler and his team. The company has a strong local media franchise covering large parts of the UK and Ireland which I look forward to developing in both print and digital formats.”
- FT.com: Archant boss John Fry finalising contract with Johnston Press
- Archant London restructures its senior editorial team
- New look for Archant’s Eastern Daily Press
- Essex hyperlocal website teams up with Archant to launch magazine
- Archant’s director of business development, Ian Davies dies in plane crash