The Herald&Times newspaper group is advertising for an editor-in-chief to replacing outgoing Herald editor Charles McGhee.
The ad states the new role will be involved with editorial operations across the Herald, Sunday Herald and Glasgow Evening Times – renewing speculation that the group is to merge the daily and Sunday titles into one seven-day operation.
- Newsquest announces 40 job cuts: ‘poor trading conditions’ to blame
- ‘A sad day for Scottish Journalism': job cuts at Herald&Times and BBC Scotland
- Johnston Press at centre of bid speculation but denies ‘any disposal process underway’ for the Scotsman
- EPUK: Herald&Times industrial action possible after introduction of new ‘group multimedia desk’
- BBC/Milne Media: More than 100 jobs at risk in Scotsman print move