China is to end its relaxation of reporting restrictions in the country for foreign journalists, which were introduced in 2007 ahead of the Beijing Olympics.
It is not yet known what rules will replace the current guidelines, which will cease on October 17.
- World Association of Newspapers calls for press freedom in China
- Voice of America: China’s Foreign Ministry questioned on Al Jazeera journalist visa issue
- CNN.com: Zimbabwe demands registration fees from foreign journalists
- China Daily launches English-Chinese mobile paper
- Developing interaction guidelines for journalists at the Guardian