Reed Business Information’s (RBI) aviation title Flight Global has been trialling video content on the site for a couple of months now, editor Michael Targett says in a blog post, but the service is now being officially launched.
The video is hosted by Brightcove and will feature clips from the publication and those submitted by users. The announcement includes an explanatory video and asks for feedback on the new service – a nice touch.
“As with most of the developments on this website – it’s something we plan to enhance with time, but it serves our current purpose very well and helps add another medium to our content portfolio,” says Targett.
- Evening Leader plots UFO sightings with Dipity
- Sharing and signposting: Younger Thinking for news organisations
- BayTSP pilots copyright tracking technology on user-generated content sites
- Video: Blogs in plain English – it’s all about news
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – optimising your website for Google News