According to the report, Pippa Leary, Fairfax digital managing director for media, Fairfax staff will make some contribution to the site, which is also be linked to by the group’s Sydney Morning Herald, Age and Brisbane Times websites.
However, an editorial team for the site will be recruited and managed by project partner youth marketing company LifeLounge, as the Fairfax team is too old for the TheVine’s intended readership.
- The Australian: Fairfax says earnings could fall by 28 per cent
- The Age: Fairfax plans for online expansion in Australia
- ABC News: Fairfax staff strike over job cuts
- News.com.au: Fairfax ‘open’ to paid content talks with its rival
- #cop15: Fairfax paper defends decision not to publish Guardian’s Copenhagen editorial