Valleywag is reporting hacks of social messaging service Twitter in which direct messages have been sent from people’s accounts without them knowing.
‘The messages trigger an SMS message and an email notification, but are not logged in either the sender or recipient’s direct message archive on Twitter.com,’ says the blog.
- #Tip: Consider accepting direct messages from anyone on Twitter
- Facebook to take on BBM and Google+ with new phone messaging app
- Twitter limits third-party apps access to your DMs
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – direct messages feed for Twitter
- Rosie Niven: New Audioboo message feature a boon for journalists