Monitor is a tool that will send you a text message or email if your site or a particular URL goes offline.
Quite simply, Monitor will tell you by email or SMS when any of the websites that you are monitoring have gone offline, and will provide other stats showing you the site’s uptime history.
The free service doesn’t allow you to enable SMS alerts, and also restricts you to syncing your list of monitored sites once an hour. Paying the flat fee of $5.99 per month removes these restrictions and allows your Monitor to sync every five minutes, as well as unlocking a few other features.
Tags: journalism tips, monitor, SMS, The Next Web
- #Tip: Try these Google Alerts alternatives
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – tracking local MPs
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Infographic and visualisation tools
- Business Insider: Chart of the Day – US viewers ‘still watch remarkably more video on TV than phones or online’
- Editors Weblog: Interview with Nick Davies on the future of investigative journalism