News organisations are increasingly using microvideo platforms to give readers quick reports or behind-the-scenes views on stories and news events. Vizibee gives 75 seconds, Tout allows 45 seconds and Instagram lets users make 15-second videos. But Vine, with only six seconds, represents more of a challenge. What can you really show in six seconds?
A new website featuring guides, dos and don’ts, examples from different sectors, comparisons with other microvideo platforms and much more was launched by digital PR agency Net Intelligenz recently. Not only is it a free guide to getting the most out of Vine, but it also provides ideas and inspiration on how it could be used by journalists, editors, publishers and organisations.
- YouTube success for Deadline Press & Picture Agency
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – data journalism inspiration
- Metro UK and Metro Herald launch iPhone apps
- Is Vine useful for journalists? A round-up of reactions to the launch Twitter’s micro-video app
- Bivings’ top 10 US newspapers: missing the news point?