A number of news outlets have started experimenting with using Google+ Hangouts to interact with readers, such as by hosting interviews or holding open editorial meetings.
Mashable has collected together some advice on engaging a community using Google+ Hangouts On Air, which allows Hangouts to be broadcast live.
You can also find some pointers and inspiration on using Google+ Hangout in the Journalism.co.uk reports below:
- NYT to host Google+ Hangouts On Air with Olympic athletes
- The Stream holds open editorial meeting via Google+ Hangout
- Time magazine hosts its first Google+ Hangout On Air
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
Tags: Broadcast, google, hangouts, journalism tips
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to host a Google+ Hangout On Air
- #Tip: Keep an eye out for the launch of Google Capture for Hangouts
- #Podcast – Google+ at one: Lessons from Time.com and FT.com
- IOC approves blogging athletes for Beijing – with strict rules
- Tips for journalists wanting to engage with 20m Google+ users