This post from Brooklyn-based editor, writer and content strategist Erin Kissane is initially aimed at coders and programmers trying to start out in a new sector, but is applicable to anybody who may be switching careers or coming into a new profession from the outside.
Sometimes this outsider perspective can make life difficult, but there are ways to turn it to your advantage and offer insights which may not have occurred to those more deeply entrenched in institutional norms.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
Tags: advice, career, coder, erin kissane, Journalism, programmer, tip, web
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – apps and tools for journalists
- #news2011: Hong Kong chief executive calls on media to ‘take advantage of what we have to offer’
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Pointers for covering events live on Twitter
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Different ways to use Pinterest
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to turn an internship into a journalism job